Articles Tagged: documentation
When you perform a search for say, "Apple v. Samsung" you get results for all dockets containing these keywords anywhere in the docket text. While this type of broad search may help you start with a bird's eye overview, sometimes you may want to narrow the results to just docket titles that contain this text.
So where is this feature located? In the search bar you'll notice a gear icon just before the court drop down menu. + Continue Reading
Terms and connectors searching provides a high level of precision that can help narrow down search results. Docket Alarm supports many terms and connectors, including Boolean, proximity, stemming, wildcard, and phrase searches.
Below is a summary of Docket Alarm’s connectors:
Find documents containing all connected terms.
- 50 Cent
- Supreme Court
- legal research
- Supreme Court of the United States
- patent litigation
- Blue Origin
- Bay Area
- Orange Book
- legal tech
- Federal Trade Commission
- smartphone patent wars
- Library of Congress
- marriage equality
- due diligence
- same-sex marriage
- Silicon Valley
- Kanye West
- design patents
- copyright troll
- Under Armour
- trademark infringement
- law firms
- Leverage Your Research History with Docket Alarm Search History
- Featured on Patently-O: Docket Alarm's Latest Article Unpacks Gender Diversity ...
- Easily Find Top Attorneys with Docket Alarm's New Analytics Tool
- Show Me the Money: Quickly Find Court Damages Awards, Verdicts, ...
- New Range and Numerical Search Filters Home in on Relevant ...
- SCOTUS Patent Cases to Know for 2017